Monday, April 25, 2011

Writing is like Acting

Just been doing the same routine the past few days in regards to creativity: Editing the script, working, and having a cold.

The cold is the worst part, and best, I suppose. Considering I've got more time to write. But having a cold and writing? Doesn't...quite work. I'm so medicated I can't focus past a few lines.

But today I had a short chat with someone who read my book for content purposes about writing. I came up with this conclusion:

Writing is a lot like acting. Writing's keys are from experience, personal knowledge, and research. Much like acting, where it's easier to act a part you know, one that is closer to who you are. But to be a more diverse and well-rounded actor, you need to expand your acting talents into parts you don't know. I feel it's the same with writing - you should edge into what you don't know and be able to write about a lot of different things.

My opinion, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment