Sunday, April 17, 2011

Manually Formatting

I finished the hard-copy editing [see: scribbling] of "Abandonment". Now I'm reviewing a VERY helpful book called "Elements of Style for Screenwriters" to see how to properly and professionally format a script. I figure if I'm going to take the time to format it at all, I may as well get it right!

So, with character names at 3.5in margin and 2.5in for dialogue, I'm...on page 2. XD

However I've added a lot more material, some pretty awesome fights scenes, a TON more character development. I'm very proud of the changes I made. At the same time, I'm going "How did I not see that needed fixed before?!". It's a very love-hate kinda thing.

I've even been able to envision how I want it to look in post-production! I've added the actual direction and production ideas to the script in italicized sections so my actors can get a better feel for what I'm looking for as they play through their roles. They were always asking me for it anyway!

And that's today. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment