Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Productivity

Morning, blog-readers!

At typical, let me start by telling you why I'm here - on blogger.com. This is the first step in being more motivated to express my creativity. The key in the ignition, if you will.

I've got my main, personal blog - here, at Livejournal - but I needed something that I could update more often, as a production blog of sorts. So this is where I'm going to storing snippets of plots, new characters, ideas or concepts, or even just update you on how my creativity is doing.

So, to get this started I'll tell you how this week has gone so far.

Sunday and Monday were rough. I had a bit of a breakdown from realizing my lack of creativity and motivation was from myself. So, after discussing it in length (which tends to be me talking until I figure it out) with Chuck [boyfriend], I sat down and typed out my writing resume. That is, I wrote down all the experience I have as a writer, jotted down my goals and reasons for having a resume devoted to writing, and added a few work references.

I then took this resume and went one-by-one down Google results for writing jobs online that I can use to make extra money. I've got my job as the SLC Indie Movie Examiner at Examiner.com, but they only pay $1/article and you only get paid once a month, after you've earned $25 in articles. Traffic-based pay is painfully hard to get. Also, they limit the amount of articles you can post to five a week - so you can't even really make the minimum paycheck of $25 in your first month.

Needless to say, I think my work is a bit better quality than that. I know I hold a bias there, but go and look for yourself. I'm pretty much inactive but my account remains, on the off-chance that I can come up with more material or motivation to sit down and find more material.

Wednesday will be my first day off work since Friday. I'm going to put in some actual job applications, as well. I don't like my job, slowly hating it more and more each day, and I'm only on minimum wage. Those two things together do not work well for me. So, back to the search. Then Friday, my next day off, I'm going to get the rest of my writing supplies from Vexy's and hope the material there will help kick my creativity into gear.

I think this is a decent first post. I'm setting this blog to my home-page so I can actually remember that I need to post here even if it's just saying "Hi, still unmotivated. kbai."

No comments:

Post a Comment